What is a ICM file
ICM files can be found on computers running on different operating systems. The file contains information about the color setting of a certain program or hardware device like a printer or scanner. The files helps to match the color options of different programs and devices used on the same computer. Even devices used across different computers can be adjusted using the same color settings this way.
Files with the ICM extension are not proprietary to one software producer. The files can be used across platforms as they are saved in a standard format used by different hardware and software programs. While ICM files are recognized by Windows computers without a problem, the ICC file format is more commonly used for color settings.
Here's a small, but not exhaustive list of programs that can open ICM documents:
- Adobe Photoshop (Windows & Mac)
- Apple ColorSync Utility (Mac)
- Cerious ThumbsPlus (Windows)
- CorelDRAW Graphics Suite (Windows)
- Microsoft Color Control Panel (Windows)
- Microsoft RAW Image Thumbnailer (Windows)