What is a HPP file
HPP files are a particular kind of developer source code file. They are so-called header files that contain source code written in C++, a programming language. The HPP file can contain variables, constants and various kinds of data types. Using #include, HPP files can be inserted into other source code files like CPP.
What HPP files are used for, is to store components of code that are commonly reused across one or more projects. There is another file format that is commonly used to store header files in. H files are commonly used along with several instances of the C programming language. Thus, they are also used for C++ header files. HPP files, however, are exclusively used to store source code written in C++.
Here's a small, but not exhaustive list of programs that can open HPP documents:
- Apple Xcode (Mac)
- BloodshedSoftware Dev-C++ (Windows)
- Code::Blocks (Windows, Mac & Linux)
- Embarcadero Technologies C++ Builder (Windows)
- GNU Compiler Collection (Mac & Linux)
- MacroMates TextMate (Mac)
- Microsoft Visual Studio (Windows)