What is a CFM file
CFM is the file extension used for ColdFusion Markup files. The files represent web pages that have been coded using ColdFusion or the ColdFusion Markup Language. They are used to execute applications and scripts written in these particular markup languages.
CFM files are used for a number of operations that can all be run using ColdFusion scripts. For example, the CFM file can generate Flash forms or user requested reports as well as referencing database information. As soon as a user is accessing the web page that refers to the CFM file, the web server dynamically executes the file.
Here's a small, but not exhaustive list of programs that can open CFM documents:
- Adobe ColdFusion (Windows, Mac & Linux)
- Adobe ColdFusion Builder (Windows & Mac)
- Adobe Dreamweaver (Windows & Mac)
- New Atlanta BlueDragon (Windows, Mac & Linux)
- Railo (Windows, Mac & Linux)
- Any Text Editor
- Any Web Browser