What is a MPA file
The MPA file is closely related to the MP2 and other MPEG-2 files that contain audio data only. MPA files are known for very small file sizes while retaining the audio with only minor loss in quality.
MPA files are audio files compressed using MPEG-2 compression. Using this compression method allows users to reduce the file size of an audio file while preserving the overall sound quality. MPA was formerly based on the MPEG Layer I coding standard but has been updated to MPEG Layer II and later MPEG Layer III.
Here's a small, but not exhaustive list of programs that can open MPA documents:
- Apple iTunes (Windows, Mac)
- Apple QuickTime Player (Windows, Mac)
- Microsoft Windows Media Player (Windows)
- RealNetwork RealPlayer Cloud (Windows, Mac & Linux)
- VideoLAN VLC media player (Windows, Mac, Linux & iOS)